Redevelopment of Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
Package 2 - Airside Infrastructure, Air Traffic Control Tower and New Low Cost Carrier Terminal
Project on going
||Government of Malaysia (Ministry of Transport)
|Date of Award
||21st April 2006
|Date of Completion
||20th April 2009
||The redevelopment works will enable the unrestricted operation of Boeing 747-400 aircraft for the Kota Kinabalu International Airport.
Project scope of works involves the following:
- construction of a new low cost carrier terminal.
- a new air traffic control tower.
all related airside upgrading works.
- sea reclamation for the extended runway
- extension of the existing runway
- aircraft parking apron
- drainage works
- Part of the existing runway, taxiway as well as parking apron will also be reconstructed and / or overlay.